Saturday 19 March 2011

BEN VRACKIE from near EDRADOUR + THERE'S DEDICATION!!

At the end of each month, my weather data is forwarded to an amateur U.K.-wide organisation called the CLIMATOLOGICAL OBSERVERS LINK.   Another, relatively local, fellow-contributor is a chap living & recording the weather in ARDTAINAIG,on the SE shore of Loch Tay.  I have never actually met him, but his dedication to weather observing, must put him in a similar category to Rose, who I mentioned in one of yesterday's blogs (she made 6 observations on each of 6 days a week for the Met Office)

In the January edition of the "COL" magazine, the Ardtainaig observer reports " I cannot remember during the 60 years I have been here (& having officially recorded weather statistics since 1957), ice constituting such a hazard." What dedication!  I must pay him a visit in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment